Since the arrival of our little one, B and I have been sticking solely to our tried and true recipes (hence the reason I haven’t had a new one to share with you recently). Bare with me while we get a handle on this whole child-rearing thing and I promise we’ll have something new to share with you soon! In the meantime, here are a few of our absolute favorite cookbooks that we keep coming back to again and again:
- The Cook’s Illustrated Guide to Grilling and Barbecue – Excellent reference for best practices and technique. Not necessarily the most inventive recipes, but many provide great bases to add your own flourishes to.
- The Victory Garden Cookbook – Over 30 years old, but still one of the best guides to cooking, growing, and shopping for vegetables we’ve ever found. The perfect cookbook for all the farmers’ market lovers out there! (For a sample recipe, check out this Portuguese Kale Soup.)
- Perfect Pairings – An excellent collection of seasonal recipes and, of course, wine pairings to go with. Some of our favorites from this book include Pumpkin Soup with Honey, Sage, and Pancetta and Mushroom Dauphinois Potatoes.
- Patrick O’Connell’s Refined American Cuisine – A fancier, yet still approachable selection of recipes by the Inn at Little Washington’s chef and proprietor. We love the Striped Bass with Gazpacho Sauce and Roasted Garlic Cornbread Madeleines.
- French: The Secrets of Classic Cooking Made Easy – Exactly as the title states, this book includes all the French classics. B and I have come very close to making every recipe in this book and not a single one has disappointed. Favorites include Pepper Steak and Quiche Lorraine.
We’re always on the hunt for new cookbooks – what are some of your faves?