wearing Brooks Brothers necklace and Mango asymmetrical top
Welp, we’ve officially reached the point in DC summer when all makeup needs to be heat and sweat-proof for risk of melting. I’ve always tended toward the minimal side when it comes to makeup, so this sun-kissed look is comprised of many of the products I wear daily with just a few additions to get a polished, beach-y glow. Here are the products I used and the steps I took to get this look:
- After cleansing and applying my daily moisturizer, I put on Shiseido’s Sports BB Cream. Shiseido’s BB Cream is magic! I originally got this product to replace my previous tinted sunblock (Clarins, which changed their formula and didn’t agree with my skin), and I love the velvet-y even coverage so much I almost never use foundation anymore. It sticks like glue all day long and has SPF 50 so it’s great for hot, muggy summer days! My only complaint is the color range is limited and obviously geared towards lighter skin tones (I wear Medium). If they appealed to a wider array of skin colors, they’d be golden.
- Next, I swipe a bit of Laura Mercier’s Secret Concealer under the eyes. Their formula is creamy and light reflective so it brightens my dark circles nicely.
- To define my eyes, I line them as close as I can get to the waterline with Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Zero. This has been my go-to for years and it wears all day without budging.
- After eyeliner, I always draw my cat eye using Kat Von D Tattoo Liquid Eyeliner in Trooper Black. I’ll let this review do the talking.
- My eyes are very sensitive and Origins Ginzing Mascara is one of the few that doesn’t irritate my eyes . It’s not waterproof, but honestly I think it stays on better without flaking than many waterproof formulas I’ve tried. Great for healthy lashes too!
- To sculpt my brows, I use a swipe or two of Anastasia Clear Brow Gel. Oftentimes, this looks good enough on its own, but if I want a more dramatic look, I’ll fill in my brows with Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil in 3.5 Neutral Medium Brown.
- My secret glow weapon is Tom Ford’s Illuminate Palette in Scintillate. It’s a bit creamy and I think that makes it hold better. Using ELF’s Ultimate Blending Brush, I apply the darker pink color just below my cheekbones and the lighter golden color on the tops of my cheekbones and just below my brows. This product is a bit of a splurge, but worth every penny. One palette easily lasts me a year.
- To finish the look, I used my favorite lipstick by Tom Ford in So Vain. Unfortunately this color is discontinued, but you can find some great alternatives here!
You look gorgeous!!
The Exclusive Beauty Diary
Your make up is perfect and stunning. I like it so much.
New Post – https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/06/dior-backstage-custom-eye-palette-001.html
This is the perfect makeup look for summer! Thanks for sharing this! 🙂
Looking so gorgeous and glowy girl! Love this vibe for the summer season
Oh this is a great summer makeup look!! I like to be minimal too when I wear makeup in the summer months. And it is about to heat up here too. Almost 90 on Saturday, ugh. Thanks for reviews!
Pretty makeup 🙂