So you probably already know I’m a big fan of green beauty. But believe it or not, green beauty products are actually a safe bet for gifts – they’re less likely to irritate sensitive skin and oftentimes people are surprised by how much more effective green products are than those that contain chemicals and potentially harsh ingredients. Here’s a round up of some of my recent faves that I would totally recommend giving (or getting) as a gift:
- Skincando Liquid Silver Protective Lotion – I’ve been using Skincando products for years (and I’ve gotten their highly-popular Combat-Ready Balm for friends and family as gifts in the past). Sara Damelio recently completed her luxury organic skincare line with the addition of 7 new products. I’ve been using the Liquid Silver day cream for almost a month now and I absolutely love it. This lightweight SPF 15 lotion goes on matte and wears great under makeup. It also smells amazing and feels refreshing on the skin. Skincando is currently running their holiday sale through December 14th so make sure and stock up now!
- Skincando Wild Honey Gentle Cleanser & Mask – Not only does this cleanser look fancy with it’s emerald green color and flecks of gold, it has loads of benefits, too. It’s made with a Cretan thyme honey that contains a super high level of antioxidants – great for both anti-aging and soothing sensitive skin. Honey is also naturally antibacterial so it clears up blemishes too!
- Kjaer Weis Lip Pencil (in ‘Classic’) – Highly pigmented and glides on smooth, I’ve been using this lip pencil under a variety of lipstick colors and it blends really nicely. It’s formulated with organic coconut, jojoba and almond seed oils, so it’s long lasting without drying (something I find other lip pencils tend to do).
- Province Apothecary Facial Dry Brush – This facial dry brush is a unique gift that even a seasoned skincare junkie might not have. You might have read about the benefits of dry brushing (I use a body brush every day before I shower and I swear it has done wonders for my skin). I was introduced to facial dry brushing earlier this year at a Province Apothecary workshop at Take Care. Dry brushing gently exfoliates, encouraging cell turnover without irritating your skin. I’ve been using this soft facial brush almost daily since May and it really does make my skin glow!
- Province Apothecary Dual-Action Jade Roller – You’ll note the studded side that you probably haven’t seen on most jade rollers. This side stimulates circulation, plumps skin, and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The smooth side cools, calms, and encourages lymphatic function. I like to use mine after applying a few drops of serum or skin oil and I find it helps with absorption.
- Province Apothecary Rejuvenating and Hydrating Serum – Formulated with frankincense and neroli oil, this serum works great on age spots and fine lines, but is light enough to use twice a day. I often use this with my jade roller in the evenings before applying my night cream and it gives my skin the extra dose of hydration it needs during these dry winter months.
Do you use green beauty products? If so, which ones do you swear by?