So, as far as I can tell, San Francisco is home inspiration/decor shopping mecca. I filled many megabytes of camera space with ideas for our house (part of the reason it’s taken me so long to pare down my California photos), but I was slightly heartbroken I couldn’t logistically swing bringing anything home from the many beautiful home design stores I ogled here. Thankfully, I stayed with a friend who had not only great taste in shopping, but flawless taste in restaurants, as well. Here’s a rundown of the eating/drinking highlights:
- We kicked off our trip with cocktails at Absinthe. B enjoyed his Uptown Manhattan and the fries were delicious, too.
- Blue Bottle Coffee – I’m not a coffee connoisseur, but I admit this stuff was pretty good. One of the regulars made sure I appreciated the pretty flower in my latte.
- After coffee, we went to Fatted Calf to pick up cheese and raw milk. B’s parents had a raw milk dairy when he was younger so he was very excited to find raw milk, as you can’t buy it in most stores.
- SPQR – This was definitely the best meal of our trip. Mind-blowing. And the introduction to orange wines certainly magnified this. We tried a couple, but our favorite was the Coenobium (it’s made by nuns). If you ever see this on a menu or in a wine shop, I encourage you to give it a shot.
- OTD for brunch. B and I ordered the majority of the menu just to try as much as possible. Our favorites were the sticky rice, beef pho, and Willis Ranch lemongrass pork.
- Baker and Banker – Strong to very strong on the dining scale. B had one of the best lamb dishes he’s ever had here.
I’m told I have a NorCal bachelorette party coming up in the not-so-distant future – twist my arm, I guess I’ll have to go back ;-).