Given the unseasonal (and frankly, unwelcome) weather today, I thought this would be a good time to think about beauty products. I was recently invited to a great event hosted by Pretty Connected and Glamazon Diaries where I was to sample some fantastic Oscars-themed products. There were quite a few so I’m going to highlight my favorites (ones that I would definitely buy again).
- Band Aid Friction Block Stick – A great alternative to baby powder (which can get messy), this product is an awesome blister-resister that I’ve come to love.
- SkinPro DNASerum – This is my new go-to in the morning. Definitely reduces puffiness and dark circles!
- Neosporin Overnight Renewal Therapy – Currently residing on my nightstand, I use this wonderful stuff every night before going to sleep and it keeps my lips moisturized and soft.
- Natural Hair The Juice Green Tea Detangling Rinse – The ingredients of this product immediately caught my eye. It contains cider vinegar, which I’ve been reading balances scalp PH and makes hair smooth. I definitely noticed a difference after using it – my hair was shiny and smooth after washing without the help of any silicone-based products.
- Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant Whitening Toothpaste – This is going to sound kind of weird, but I was actually really excited about this product. I usually alternate between whitening and enamel protecting toothpastes, so it’s nice to have one that does both!
- Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream – After a bad experience this winter with an expensive skin cream that made my skin break out, I’ve been steering more towards skin oils and creams that contain minimal and basic ingredients. This cream contains olive oil, honey, and royal jelly and works equally well on my face and hands. I’ve heard it’s great for minimizing scars, too!
- Borghese Fango Mud Mask – I was particularly stoked to try this, since I remember my mom using Borghese products when I was a kid. I was pleasantly surprised that, unlike many ’80s products, it wasn’t packed full of fragrances and questionable ingredients and definitely made my skin softer and clearer.
- Aveda Stress Fix Concentrate – Does it magically relieve all stress? Probably not.
But the lavender-based scent certainly is relaxing and does create a
certain spa-like, Zen aura.
- be Delectable Ultra Nourishing Hand Cream from Cake Beauty – Also currently
sitting on my bedside table. Not only does it smell wonderful, but it’s made with great
ingredients like coconut oil, aloe vera, and shea butter. And a very
small amount goes a long way, so crossing my fingers this is going to
last me a while!
- Still Standing High Heel Spray – This unusual product creates a cooling
sensation in your feet and contains Arnica (which reduces inflammation), actually making high heels much more bearable.
Great for long days/nights when you’re going to spend a lot of time on
- Knock Out Matte Nail Polish – I’ve been wanting to try a matte nail
polish for a while now and I love that even the clear coat creates a subtle
matte effect over regular nail polish.
- Hard Candy Nail Color in ‘Sweet Tart’ – This creates a very cool
Jackson Pollock-like effect on your nails. I’ve actually gotten quite a few “That is so cool! How did they do that?!” comments on it.
- Sterling Wines Pinot Noir – Interestingly enough, this was the official wine of the Oscars this year. It’s quite reasonably-priced and B calls it “a very honest Napa Pinot” (in a good way, of course).
- Hard Candy Mod Quad Baked Eye Shadow – I’ve just recently started to veer back into eye shadow territory and this neutral palette has been my go-to lately. A little bit sparkly and not too dark.
- Catwalk by TIGI Salt Spray – Love this for livening up a hairstyle later in the day. Great for adding a bit of volume.
Many thanks to Lara and Makeda for putting on such an awesome event and allowing me to try all of these great products!