As part of the Georgetown Blogger Crawl, a really fun event organized by Carlis Sanchez of Spicy Candy and Jessica Hoy of Neu Profile, I was so lucky to play ambassador to a lovely local home and gift store called American Holiday. Living by the motto, “Life is entertaining,” American Holiday strives to incorporate an eclectic mix of merchandise with one-of-a-kind pieces that each have an interesting story. The curators of this neat spot have fantastic taste, filling it with everything from cool barware to chic home accessories to gorgeous antiques. I absolutely loved the stylish shoe print they gave me, as well as a cozy knit hat I can’t wait to share with you soon. And I may or may not have scurried back this past weekend to pick up a few more last minute gifts!
American Holiday photos by Sebastian Marin.
Other fun stops along the way included…
- Dog Tag Bakery – a recently opened coffee shop and bakery with a mission to provide veterans and their spouses with business education
- Egg by Susan Lazar – cutest baby clothes!
- Luigi Parasmo Salon – responsible for my cool side braid and silver nails
- Reddz Trading – awesome consignment boutique by Wendy Ezrailson, of Commander Salamander and Up Against the Wall fame
- Jack Spade – on-trend, yet classic menswear
- CB2 – full of colorful and fun home and holiday decor.
- Kate Spade Saturday – the more affordable (and equally chic) sister of Kate Spade.
- Dr. Marten – where I spotted these babies that I’m currently dreaming about.
- Ike Behar – a stylish menswear institution, where I got perhaps the most informative crash course on men’s fashion and tailoring I could have hoped for!
…all great places to check out if you’re doing some last minute holiday shopping or decorating! Check out the full Georgetown Blogger Crawl Lookbook!
Ray Ban sunglasses
Banana Republic sweater
Julie Brown coat (c/o)
Hermes and Amrita Singh bangles
Anthropologie and vintage rings
Mother pants (close match on sale!)
Jean Michel Cazabat heels (old, very similar here)
Sophie Hulme bag