Friday, September 30, 2011
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Nothing beats this sweater on an overcast day. The perforation renders it equally functional in warmish and colder weather, depending on how you layer it. Anyway, I've been pretty much living in it with the non-stop rain lately. Seriously though, should I be preparing for the plague of locusts?
LipFusion Infatuation in 'Lollipop'
Madewell necklace (sold out, but similar styles here, here, and here)
Jean Michel Cazabat flats (similar style here)
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
So, as far as I can tell, San Francisco is home inspiration/decor shopping mecca. I filled many megabytes of camera space with ideas for our house (part of the reason it's taken me so long to pare down my California photos), but I was slightly heartbroken I couldn't logistically swing bringing anything home from the many beautiful home design stores I ogled here. Thankfully, I stayed with a friend who had not only great taste in shopping, but flawless taste in restaurants, as well. Here's a rundown of the eating/drinking highlights:
- We kicked off our trip with cocktails at Absinthe. B enjoyed his Uptown Manhattan and the fries were delicious, too.
- Blue Bottle Coffee - I'm not a coffee connoisseur, but I admit this stuff was pretty good. One of the regulars made sure I appreciated the pretty flower in my latte.
- After coffee, we went to Fatted Calf to pick up cheese and raw milk. B's parents had a raw milk dairy when he was younger so he was very excited to find raw milk, as you can't buy it in most stores.
- SPQR - This was definitely the best meal of our trip. Mind-blowing. And the introduction to orange wines certainly magnified this. We tried a couple, but our favorite was the Coenobium (it's made by nuns). If you ever see this on a menu or in a wine shop, I encourage you to give it a shot.
- OTD for brunch. B and I ordered the majority of the menu just to try as much as possible. Our favorites were the sticky rice, beef pho, and Willis Ranch lemongrass pork.
- Baker and Banker - Strong to very strong on the dining scale. B had one of the best lamb dishes he's ever had here.
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Some more California photos. This outfit was for dinner at Bistro Ralph, where I had the most incredible caprese salad I've ever had. Overall, stellar comfort food.
These charming houses were in Napa. After perusing the neighborhoods, we indulged in some delicious cheese from the Oxbow Public Market. Between this and the Ferry Building, I really envied the gourmet food selection in NorCal.
J Brand jeans
Urban Outfitters belt
Miu Miu platforms
Coach purse (similar style here)
Friday, September 23, 2011
Taking a quick break from the California photos to share some recent "transitional" ensembles I've been admiring. When it comes to inspiration (and clothes, for that matter), I'm kind of a hoarder. I'm going to do my best to share more often. To kick it off, here's some genius whimsical print/plaid mixing from Kansas Couture.
Gorgeous color combo here. I love the knotted satin top, too. (via the glamourai)
The ideal street-chic fall ensemble. (via eat.sleep.wear.)
High-level print mixage. (via Columbine Smille)
Boots! Purse! Cape! (via Stockholm StreetStyle)
Kate Lanphear rocks the hell out of black/navy(?) and white. (via The Cut)
Love the chic simplicity of this look. Oh and of course that Zara shirt. (via Wayne Tippetts)
On the list of fall things to buy: cranberry pants. Love how she paired them with cranberry shoes, too. (via Oh My Vogue)
Obviously this isn't really fall inspiration, but I covet everything this girl wears. This might be the most covetable ensemble to date. I mean, holy crap. (via Aphrodite)
PS I do a little better at regular inspiration sharing on my tumblr.
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
This outfit was for dinner at Dry Creek Kitchen, which was every bit as delicious as we hoped it would be. My favorite was the cauliflower soup with curried crème fraiche - ahhh, divine!
These photos are from Lynmar Estate, which was both scenic and edible (they encouraged us to pick some of their copious amounts of cherry tomatoes). How incredible is this garden?
1228 necklace (seen here)
James Perse dress (similar here)
Daughters of the Liberation jacket (similar here)
Hermès, thrifted and vintage bracelets
Coach purse (similar here)
Proenza Schouler heels
Monday, September 19, 2011
Yup, still weeding through California photos. In the meantime, check out this gorgeous amethyst necklace by 1228 that I got in San Francisco (the naked dancing lady is a big fan). I found this bad boy at Candystore Collective when my super shopper friend took me around to all of the coolest boutiques in San Francisco, of which there are many. I love how a lot of the stores carry independent labels I wasn't previously familiar with. I'm starting to see why all of the San Francisco bloggers are so well-dressed...
Friday, September 16, 2011
Hello! Remember me? Well today I'm taking a brief hiatus from delinquency to do an actual blog post.
To tide you over until I get my act together to weed through my rapidly growing catalog of northern California photos, here's a snippet of today's activities:
- breakfast at Cousteaux Bakery (giant quiche + bread basket = win)
- equal parts scenic and delicious wine tastings at Sbragia Vineyards and Bella Vineyards (awesome cave decor and chandeliers seen above)
- Mexican food at El Farolito for lunch
- seemingly endless miles of gorgeous countryside while making the drive from Healdsburg and exploring Napa
- finished the night with a not-surprisingly satisfying meal at ad hoc (the chocolate and hazelnut bread pudding was a slam dunk)
Marc by Marc Jacobs sunglasses
Catherine Malandrino sweater
necklace from a boutique in Hoboken
Michael Kors watch
Coach purse (pretty sure this is the exact same one)
Proenza Schouler heels